Anti-Rescue groups exist???? WHAT???

Anti-Rescue is full of FAIL.
 I'm not going to link to any, but you can imagine how much of it is all negative, fabricated, edited, breeder-feeding-breeder rants.

That is one of the more evil things I've heard about actually existing...!

Granted, there are likely to be people who "Rescue" birds, then breed them, then sell them.
I don't agree with that one bit.

Here's a quote from Second Chance Birds, Bobo's mama:

"OK, this is such breeder double talk ... if there is NOT a homeless bird problem how are rescues making money hand over fist? Most folks are unaware of parrot rescues so little comes in the way of plain donations ... which leaves adoption fees ... but how can you make money off of something if there aren't any(meaning homeless birds)?"

Making money and profiting is 2 different things.
Making money to aid rescues is a necessity.
Making money to put in your pocket so you can splurge on luxuries is another.

I spent 350$ out of pocket so far on helping Louie and Yoshi.
NFLB is a branch of an existing 501c No Paw Left Behind. At some point I'll be reimbursed for maybe a % of it...?
However, I'm working on ways to help bring in money while I'm at it..!
The vets are trying to help with cost.
We're not profiting. We're not getting paid for our time. We get paid in love and adoption fees to help more homeless animals. 
Some rescues get paid hourly, but I believe this is a full time job! I have a full time job and sometimes I don't stop until 10pm working on things for the rescue.
Now if someone in the rescue is driving a Jaguar funded by rescue $... I see a problem in that.


Rescues try to fix a problem and meet a person's need for a companion bird properly, finding a match, not dumping off a bird to turn around a buck. Rescues' motivation is love.
Breeders are the source of the on-going problem. Just giving birds to anyone and turning out more for profit.
(Baby birds bond better than an older bird? My birds are the proof that's the biggest load of squat...!)
Anyhoo, People then dump the bird they can't handle to a rescue... and there the need lies. There the problem lies.
Anyone who knows and loves birds would adopt.
Real bird-lovers adopt. I want that on a shirt, but I think it would step on a lot of toes.  

My mission is not to step on toes, but to open people's eyes.
I just want to teach people so they can make their own choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment