Small World

At the Blessings of the Animals event in Lake Worth, FL, someone in particular stopped by at our booth. He was a total bird-guy; expressive and fun like a cockatoo. Turns out, he adopted the handicapped Rosie-Too I fell in love with at Susan Clubb's Rainforest Clinic.
I showed him pictures and a video of her. It was the same bird.
He ended up naming her Galah because of it's aboriginal meaning:
"Galah" is also derogatory Australian slang, synonymous with 'fool' or 'idiot'. Because of the bird's distinctive bright pink, it is also used for gaudy dress."
Relating it to the craziness that is the cockatoo, although Galah is a sweetheart.

You have no idea how glad I am knowing that she's in good hands now. He even discussed his Will, which included plans for his birds.

I wanted to take her as my own, but I know my limit, and was worried for her. I wanted her to have the best home.

I was shown that she found it. Of all people in all of South Florida, he stopped by to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment