Rescue, Money, and Breeders

The day in the life of bird rescue and finance...

I have to worry about "Should I make this car payment (my cute eco-box) or can I pay to get this poor, neglected bird proper vet care?" Basically I'm cleaning up the mess consciously made by breeders.


I have full-time job. I get out of work, I'm medicating birds, doing vet visits, home inspections, drop-offs, transports... more times than not, with my own money. Why spend 175$ on nice clothes when I can save a life? I love the thrift store. 

I just wish I didn't have to anymore... 
I wish I didn't feel guilty about leisure time. In my head I hear, "Why are you watching a movie? Why are you playing video games? There's something you can be doing to help birds!" I know i can't save them all, but I can be doing something to help... I try to tie in my other hobby, which is art and design, and generate funds... 

I WISH (you have no idea) there wasn't a need for rescue, but because of Breeders, there is. I'd love to use my money to go to their land of origin to see them flying free as nature intended. Thank God people are finally wising-up and bird sales are declining.


No comments:

Post a Comment