Photographs of wild cockatoos by Leila Jeffreys from her series Bioela.
Let’s think about it.
You want them to be happy, right? Of course you do. You’re a nice person.
For them to be at their happiest, you’ll need to leave them in their native habitat and protect said habitat through your support of conservation efforts.
Buying one from a breeder isn’t any better.
- They live up to 80 years.
- Are not domesticated, they are wild animals - Loud, messy, and can take a chunk out of your flesh at any time
- Develop psychological issues causing them to pluck and self mutilate in captivity
- It’s cruel to take them from their loving parents
- They’ll be happier flying in the skies than locked up in a cage.
Thank you for reading!
The Bird Police
Protectors of all of the Birds
P.S. If you still want a parrot, please support adoption only.